Friday 22 February 2013

View from the living room.

Returning to my home patch as I approached the bridge at Bubwith I could not help but notice a huge flock of Lapwing over the river, keen to see what had spooked them I parked up and wandered up to the bridge, nothing obvious as to what had disturbed them but I did see a flock of about 80-90 Dunlin. The Lapwing were not at all happy sharing the mudflats with there smaller visitors and several tussles broke out. It was also good to see 4-5 Curlew, at one point this week I thought I had seen an early Whimbrel but after a quick call to AWBIRDER I decided maybe it was Curlew after all. Redshank (20) were also busy in the newly exposed mudflats.

As I returned home I could see across the ings from my living room window and noted Whooper swan, Teal, Wigeon, Pintail ,Greylags, Canada geese, Mallard, Tufted ,Mute swan and a distant Great crested grebe.







Gargeney hide still out of bounds due to floods if you are coming over this weekend but GS hide is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment